The Super Hornet continues.
The nose and cockpit tub is together though I've got a couple of seams to remove to make it a RAAF jet. The instructions are kind enough to show you which ones need changing and removal. The fit so far has been excellent with minimal cleanup work. Don't mind the bare plastic in bottom of the tub. I had to remove the locating rail for the bottom of the seat for the resin replacements when they eventually arrive.
The tub is basic but you get the idea.
Certainly not a kit of problems I have encountered one 'niggle' so far.
As you can see in the first photo the rear bulkhead of the cockpit tub sits very close to the lower section of the LERX where the nose section fits. You can see the black texture mark where the original kit plastic ended and how much I removed. It's a much better fit now with no interference in this area.
You can see how much I've removed, it was about 5mm in total.
The wings are complete with the flap and aileron actuators in place. The pylon hopes have been drilled out too. The forward ones are 1.5mm and the rear ones are 1.2mm.
I've stolen two AIM-9X's and an AIM-120C from the Tamiya F-16CJ boxing. The benefit of these over the Hasegawa items are they are one piece moulding so there's no faffing around cleaning up guidance fins and then attaching them. Here they've got their first lick of paint.
Certainly a lovely shape, to be glued glued shortly.